Monday, April 12, 2010

Big Sister

This could possibly have been one of out saddest family moments. Abby came into the hospital room with my dad and saw Matt and I holding Zack and she immediately looked so sad. We totally underestimated the capability of what emotions she could experience. Her quivering lip and sad eyes told us she felt betrayed. We left her for two days and we had a little baby now. This sad face says it all.

Luckily, she quickly saw that she was not being left out and Abby is adjusting pretty well. The first day was tough and she was very needy and difficult but she is getting back into her schedule and used to us around and having lots of attention from G&G helps. I have been trying to make sure I give her lots of special attention to and put her to bed every night to make sure she doesn't feel left out. She loves to give Zack kisses and it is a good way for her to get positive attention. Today she tried to give him some fist bumps and put his pacifier (yes, I gave him the pacifier already-he is a suck -a-holic) in for him. She seems so big to me all of a sudden. It as like she grew up over night!

No comments:

Post a Comment