Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Longest Weekend Ever!

Well, normally I am all for long weekends but this one has been killer. To begin with I am anxiously awaiting Zack's arrival and that has put me on edge. On Friday, I decided to take Abby out to "run some errands" a.k.a shopping. and I got through my first trip to stock up on Easter goods and was on my way to Old Navy to return some things. On the off ramp we were stopped at a light and I turned back to talk to Abby and when I looked forward something made me think that the traffic was moving..well it wasn't! I rear ended another car. Luckily, we were all okay but my car wasn't drivable. End of shopping trip, beginning of crappy day. Matt came to rescue us and the tow truck took my car away. I have a rental car that has proved to be a a comedy of errors anytime we try to go anywhere. When you are used to having an SUV to fit everything in it is a difficult transition to a car where the stroller doesn't even fit in the truck....saga to be continued.

Saturday, we drove to Pearlridge mall to get Matt's ID renewed so he could drive the rental car (you know in case I go into labor) only to find out that after waiting in line for and 1:15 minutes that the rental car place closed just before we got there. Another day waiting...

Finally, Easter! I was happy to make it to today since I wanted to see Abby hunt for eggs and I was afraid of her being orphaned if we were in the hospital on Easter. I know it would have bothered me more than her-but still. After driving to Kaneohe, the other side of the island, for our annual picnic we turned around and headed back for Easter at the Hoffman's due to the rain. Thanks Matt and Jenn for hosting us all!

I never thought I would be so happy to have a weekend be over. My parents get here on Tuesday and my anxiety about having Abby bounce around and friends having to juggle their schedules to accommodate her while we are in the hospital is slowly subsiding as her grandparents' arrival is getting closer. AHHH:)

No comments:

Post a Comment