Monday, March 26, 2012

My Babies are Skiers!

Our second day of skiing Matt and Andy went up early while we packed and slowly made our way to the mountain.  My binding broke on day 1 so I didn't feel like renting another board and I was SORE!

I started skiing when I was 3 and we really wanted to try and get the kids on skis early too.  Luckily the weather was perfect.  I think it was close to 65 at the peak so we didn't have to worry about the kids being cold and uncomfortable.  My parents took Abby up for the first round and we were a little nervous that it might be a disaster but before we knew it they were cruising down the mountain and Abby was all smiles.  As soon as she finished she said she was ready to go back on the ride (the chair lift!).  G & G took her on another run and then Matt and I put on their skis and jackets and took Abby up for a run.  So fun!

 Even though we didn't have very high hopes for Zack skiing since it was close to nap time we gave it a try anyway and he totally exceeded our expectations.  We figured it would be a lot of stop and go and we ended up just going all the way down the run.  He did great and loved it!
Enjoying the chairlift!

Practicing his stance.  He is a natural except he will have to switch to a snowboard soon!
And, of course, a video of the kids skiing!

No comments:

Post a Comment