Thursday, November 11, 2010

Potty Princess

We have been reading the "Potty Princess" and trying on new Dora undies as we are prepping Abby to begin potty training.  We had intended to officially being potty training today since we have 5 days (our daycare is off tomorrow) to get her used to it.   She has been initiating it herself and we have had 5 or 6 success including one poop..yeah! - The things that excite you as a parent:).  She was off to a great start but Matt had to go out and make copies of fliers for the house and he took Abby so I could clean with out her "helping".  In order to preserve sanity we took a break and put her diaper back on...so we will try again tomorrow hopefully.  Believe it or not, I am still not that excited to have Abby potty trained.  I think diapers are way easier but it has got to happen sooner or later so here we go...

On  a related note, I changed 3 poopy diapers and one wet one before 6:30 AM.  I hadn't even had my coffee yet c'mon kids!  By the end of today the kids racked up 9 poopy diapers and a few just wet ones.  The two seriously poop all day long.  Not too surprising for Abby since she also eats all day long too!  Luckily they are cute as can be and worth it all.



 My big girl!

 Abby's first poop in the potty!  She will hate me later for this but it had to be done.

2 comments:

  1. We're in the same place with Elly right now. Debbie was in town this past Monday and got her started, now I'm just trying to keep it going! Good luck with Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dylan poops all day every day too! I thought he was the only one. I have yet to meet someone else who's child is that "regular" :)

    Good luck with potty training! I hope it's going well! We can't wait to meet Abby and Zach!

    ReplyDelete