Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Matt has quite a track record of making mother's day a very special event.  The last 2 years he has hosted a mother's day brunch and spoiled us rotten with yummy food and lots of mimosas!  I was definitely missing my favorite mommas and our fun day together but Matt out did himself this year.  

First, I got to go to school with the kids and have a special breakfast with them in their classrooms.  Their teachers did such  a nice job and they made the cutest gifts!
 

We also made a special trip up to the garden to see each of their class plots.


And a silly picture of me and my love bugs.

A & Z are the best and I tell them every day that I am the luckiest mommy ever. I hope they always remember that.

Speaking of lucky, Matt planned a weekend trip to Mexico for Mother's day. We both took off early from work and headed south.  My parents took the kids and was a win-win for all.  It is the first time we have been to Mexico for at least 5 years.  I was a little nervous but it was a perfect trip!  We stopped in Puerto Nuevo for lobster tacos.  They never disappoint.  We did, however, forget how obnoxious the street vendors are, but it is all part of Mexico.



We arrived in La Via Del Valle, our quiet little bed and breakfast in the Guadalupe Valley, inland of Ensenada.  We spent the weekend UNPLUGGED.  It was so nice to not have the option of TV, or phones, or computers.  We walked in the vineyards, read, relaxed and enjoyed great food and wine.  After the chaos of this year it was really nice!
exploring the grounds


Breakfast was not served until 9 so we got up had coffee and relaxed until it was time for breakfast.  The food was so good and made from all local, organic ingredients.

The view from breakfast.

We spent day 2 wine tasting in the local wineries.. You may be thinking what I was...they have wineries in Mexico??? Well, they do and they are actually really good and breathtakingly beautiful!



And we spent the rest of out time relaxing some more:)


After breakfast on Sunday we packed up and headed home to see the kiddos.  I spent mother's day just hanging out with the kids outside and enjoying their joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment