Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Under Construction





My mother's day present from Matt was new floors. He ripped out the carpet and tile with Chris on Saturday and has been working to get the floors in. In the meantime we have been hanging out upstairs since the downstairs is under construction. It is so dusty and the furniture is all it the garage. Gotta love renovations! Luckily Abby is a great sleeper and it hasn't bothered her yet that Matt is sawing and pounding away after she goes to bed. The floors look fabulous so far I am so excited!
To add to the fun yesterday in our renovation state of mind we thought we would paint the whole house since all the furniture was moved. We spent some quality time at Home Depot picking out the perfect color to come home and realize it was hideous! I made second trip and found out that you can get samples and not buy a whole gallon of the wrong color. Genius idea..I just wish I had known this on the first trip. After painting a whole wall with 3 different colors I realized the color I actually liked was only a shade darker than the current paint. The 15 foot ceilings looked way too daunting for a tad darker color so...back to square one and keeping the original paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment