Friday, July 22, 2011

Wedding Weekend!

Thursday morning after getting everyone as settled as possible, I headed out to make the 6 hour trek to Virginia to see Matt after 10 days and partake in the wedding festivities.  I made it to the Hoppenjans' house in Chesapeake, Virginia around 6 in the evening and met all of Amy's family and reunited with Matt.  After pizza we met the Rossello family for some drinks (Matt and I just pretend we are part of their fam!).  
Marsha ( Matt R's mom) & Me
 The hotel we stayed in the following 2 nights was in Portsmouth, which is an adorable town and perfect for the wedding guests to go out and enjoy the weekend together.  On Friday Matt and I went into Norfolk and shopped ( I forgot my shoes!) and had lunch.  Most of all it was nice to just spend some quality time together.  The guys headed to the rehearsal and I hung out with the non wedding party crew before heading over to the rehearsal dinner.  We were staying in Portsmouth but the festivities were in Norfolk,  a short ferry trip, which made it extra fun!
Enjoying the rehearsal dinner

Good times later on!
 Wedding Day!  After the beautiful ceremony I took the ferry to the rehearsal with Matt's high school friends' wives and girlfriends.

Sarah, Me, Erin & Sylwia

Add caption
 The reception was gorgeous!  Floor to ceiling windows overlooking the water and so beautifully decorated!  Rossello even brewed his own beer for the party, which was such a hit.

The first dance.<3

Matt and his best men

handsome!


The wonderful couple!!!  Mr & Mrs Rossello:)
 Matt's toast was a hit.  He was anxious to give it and purposefully didn't share it with me (which turned outto be a good move).  He did a fantastic job!
Matt giving his toast.
Matt has some amazing friends and it was so fun to spend the weekend with them and celebrate Matt and Amy!

2 comments:

  1. You and Matt look gorgeous. Glad you got some quality time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post! Wedding weekends and vacations are the best. I remember attending my cousin’s wedding in one of the Chicago event venues. It was a long vacation for my family. After the wedding, we explored the city and had a good time. Before the wedding, we enjoyed the party and meeting people after a very long time.

    ReplyDelete