Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

Happy Father's day to the most amazing dads out there!  A few shout outs to the fabulus men that I am blessed to have in my life.

Dad- You have truly been an example of a true man and amazing father.  I am very lucky to have had a dad that was always there for me and supported and loved me throughout my life.  You continue to be there and be such an integral part of our lives and I am forever grateful for showing me what type of father to look for in my own partner in life.


Matt- You have far exceeded my wildest dreams.  You are such a caring and devoted dad.  It melts my heart to watch you with your kids and to see how much you love them and they love you.  Thank you for being such an amazing man, father and husband.  I am lucky to have you and look forward to our continuing journey!


Bill- Thank you for being a such a great father-in-law.  You have welcomed me with open arms into your family and I always love being around you.  I am lucky to have such a wonderful husband because of how you ( and Mar) raised him. 


As much as I would like to say that our Father's day was as fabulous as the dads we were celebrating unfortunately, that wasn't quite the case.

We started off with a breakfast cooked by me that was mediocre at best- which is why Matt does most of the cooking:) and vegged out for a lot of the day.  We finally got out of the house to meet the Hoffman's for bowling.  It started off great and the girls got a chance to run around before we got our lane and both Abby and Makaela loved bowling with their daddies. 

Although bowling was fun, Abby was pretty fussy, which put a damper on the evening a bit.  Ironically, last year Abby was really sick and miserable too.  Luckily, Zack was a perfect angel so we were 50/50.  We topped the night off with ice cream to end on a good note though.





The upside of this father's day is that next year it won't be hard for me to top!

No comments:

Post a Comment