Sunday, December 25, 2011

Diamond Head

One of my mom's only requests was to go hiking and so we had planned to hike Manoa falls but it was likely going to rain so we opted to hike Diamond Head.  The lat time my parents did this hike was in 2002 when they were in Hawaii with my grandparents before I had even moved out here.
 Zack was happy as could be in the "backpack" one of his new words now.
cute boys!
 We were just getting started.  We figured we would take turns carrying Abby whenever she got tired but she wanted to walk abd made it the ENTIRE way- almost a mile up the mountain all by herself.  She has told me quite a few times that she wanted to climb a mountain and she really did it.  We were very proud of her.

 Taking a water break almost half way up.


Go Abby, Go

 We made it!  Both kids did great.  On teh way back Abby was more than happy to rest in the backpack and I carried Z down.  He was super chill and just enjoyed the scenery.  It turned out to be a perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment