Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4 Year Anniversary

Matt and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary on July 2 on our last day in Portland.  My parents and Matt played with the kids and I got to sleep in which was much needed after going strong for the 10 days straight on little sleep (although I am not complaining because we had lots of fun!).  I think everyone benefited from my sleep! 

We spent the afternoon switching hotels and then we attempted to go to "The Grotto", a lush garden outside of Portland, but it was raining (luckily, the first and only rainy day of the trip) so we headed back to the hotel and since both kids fell asleep on the ride home Matt and I took advantage and headed out without much of a plan except spend time together.

Since the rain had eased up we headed back to The Grotto, which was beautiful.  We walked around and enjoyed the tranquil scenery.


We got iPhones for our anniversary (the traditional gift was appliances..this was a close enough fit) so after The Grotto, I used my Yelp! app and found us a wine bar and successfully navigated our way there.  It was perfect.  We had a great glass of red wine and found a great restaurant nearby to have dinner.  It was a simple night out and then we made it home to see the kids, give then baths and put them to bed. 

We ran outside just before it got dark to take our anniversary picture.  We love this one because it is so real; sweatpants, pj's, and a lot of love!
 We also took this one at my cousins wedding that is much more glamorous but we still like the other one better:).

And the original... 4 years ago!

1 comment: