Friday, May 20, 2011

Maili End of the Year Celebrations

This is my first year back at a school and it is fun to be part of all of the end of the yer festivities.  Especially, as part of the 6th grader team- they have been celebrating for 2 weeks!  I am going to be working at Maili next year full time instead of for the district and I am so excited!  I love the staff and principal and am looking forward to it.

The May Day celebration was on Wednesday and I got to bring the kids.  Each grade level had a performance hula prepared and I figured it would be fun for the kids.  I told Abby she was going to get to go to school in the morning and she was SO excited!  She woke up ready to go got her "pack pack " on and never took it off all day. 
READY FOR SCHOOL
 Zack did really good.  He even sat like a big boy in a kindergarten chair!

The performances were out in the courtyard and lots of families came to watch their keiki perform.


6TH GRADE GIRLS

6TH GRADE BOYS
 Today, was the 6th grade graduation.  I arrived at 7:30 and there were already vendors set up to sell balloons, leis and blow up tubes...totally a local celebration thing!  This is a view of the crowd-  enough mylar balloons to carry a small child away! 
Two of the graduates swallowed by celebratory stuff!


Lisa, I know you are reading this envisioning J with numerous candy lei and a turtle inner tube thinking, "Why did we move?!".

No comments:

Post a Comment