Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"Where's Jack?"

We have been avoiding the topic of Jack.  We moved, he didn't:(.  Today, more than 2 months  since we have moved, Abby found a tennis ball and asked, "Where's Jack?".  I just deferred to Matt since I hadn't really thought of an answer since she didn't ask when we moved.  He simply told her that Jack stayed at the old house...so sad!  She totally accepted it and went about her merry way.

While I still believe in my heart that Jack is in the right place because a second story apartment with 2 full time working parents and 2 youngins to look after is not the best place for a fabulously fit lab who needs to move and get lots of attention, it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt to think that he is not with us.

I was looking through all my old pics and I have so many great memories of our 3 short years with Jack, who was my first dog at the age of 29.  We picked him up when we got home from Whistler in March 2008 and found out we were pregnant with Abby 4 days later.
He was so little and mischievous as he clawed his way out of the towel over his kennel.



  He was so good with the kids from the moment we brought our little bundles home.








He has been a great dog but he has certainly had his lab moments! He has eaten many shoes, uprooted countless plants, and escaped more time than I can recall. 
Jack, the gardener!

Jack loves to playing the canal and Matt made steps to make it easier on both of them



Hiking, playing and making trouble...some of his favorites

We love you, buddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment