Saturday, May 14, 2011

Zabby, the Chameleon

I went for a walk this morning and a woman called out to me to come check out something.  As I peeked around this tree she was pointing to I saw this Jackson Chameleon (Of course, I didn't know that until she told me).  It was really cool and sadly I didn't have the kids with me to check it out so I took a picture to share instead.  I showed everyone my cool find on my walk and figured that would be the end of it.  A few hours later, Matt went for a run and came home with a present.  The same woman that pointed it out to me called out to him to check it out also and he didn't have his phone so...he brought it home.


Abby was more interested in looking rather than touching it but still very intrigued.  Matt asked her what the name was and she said Zabby.  She later changed it to Abbychameleon but we persuaded he to keep it Zabby- more diplomatic :).


He was going to bring it in for a quick show and tell and then let him go.  We put him in the greenery outside our place expecting him to take off but he is been there all day! Hopefully he stays.




 

The history of Zabby: Zabby came about from Gandpa Martin's online book store that sells hard to find books through Amazon.  He named  it after his two favorite grandkids.  Then, my mom wanted to write a book for the kids and picked a chameleon as the main character and named it Zabby since she loved Grandpa Martin's idea so much.  The kids loved the Zabby book and Abby learned about chameleons from it.  So now for the time being we have our very own Zabby, the Chameleon.

No comments:

Post a Comment