Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My Mom's Retirement


 Many years ago Not long ago, my mom was beginning her first day of school as a 1st grader in Billings, Montana.  This June she finished school after 25 years teaching- most of them in 1st grade.

We had a surprise party for her at our house to celebrate her fruitful career.  It was a great celebration of her friends and colleagues from her different schools throughout the years.



The "Mountain Women" from Angier read a poem and shared great memories and love for my mom.  It is a tradition to write a poem for retirement and so neat to hear my mom's!


My dad shared some of his thoughts.

The EBS crowd, where my mom spent the last 13 years teaching, and where Abby and Zack will go to school.

Candy, a friend of my mom's for many years!

The Grant crew (GEMS)


We missed a picture with Andy but we got one of the 3 of us after a successful party.

Looking good and ready to start a new chapter!

After the 1st party the neighborhood all came over and the kids watched a movie while the adults helped us finish off the rest of the food and beverages.  They actually sat like this for almost 2 hours...

It was so fun to be able to host this for my mom and celebrate with her.  She has been such a role model for me and I look forward to see all that she will continue to do in retirement.  Even though she is not officially teaching, I know she will continue to impact so many lives through her new endeavors.  Congrats Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment