Thursday, November 18, 2010

Terrible Twos are Here!

Our dear Abby is turning two within 3 short weeks!  She is doing great with potty training and has only had a few accidents in a week.  She is such a big girl and very proud of herself.  So, that is the good news.  The other news is she is turning two, otherwise known as the terrible twos...UGH!  She gave me a sneak preview last night and it could be interesting for sure!

Beware this in not one of my finer moments but it might be entertaining!
Last night Matt had a softball game and I had my monthly class from 4-7 so we met up at his game to swap kids.  Against my better judgment I decided to take the kids to watch Matt's game and stay up past their usual 6:30-7 bedtime instead of taking them straight home.  We were about 15 minutes into the game and Abby was getting whiny and so I figred it was time to go.  We had a pretty decent walk and I was carrying Zack so we were playing "chase" games to keep her motivated to get back to the car.  She decided half way to the car that she had her own plans of where she wanted to go.  I ended up picking her up which meant I was juggling a kid on each arm- which isn't bad except thatt Abby was crying and trying to get down so I was that "mom" getting pitty looks as I did my walk of shame to the car. 

As we got to the car, I put Abby down head first (don't worry I made sure she put her arms down) since that is the way she was facing and I still had Zack in my arms.  She continued her tantrum on the ground and I put Z in his carseat- meanwhile he has done nothing but smile this whole time and just make goo goo faces at me to keep me sane.  As I was finishing buckling in Zack, Abby got up and walked around the car and headed into the open parking lot- I rushed to grab her and picked her up- of course against her wishes- reminding her it was NOT OK to be in the street.  At this point she was beyond upset so I just hugged her until she calmed down.  This would have been a good move except that Abby had worked herself up so badly that as I was holding her she threw up all over both of us, repeatedly.  With nothing else to do but continue to hold onto my poor little munchkin we just stood there for a few minutes.  After Abby was clam I undressed her and took of my sweater, attempted to douse the ground with water, and get in the car and headed home reeking of puke. 

So that, I think, is my introduction to a new stage of parenting the ups and downs of a two year old.  Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment