Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Night to Remember

Jenn's husband Matt just recently left for Iraq and is expected to be there until next Christmas.
 As Jenn was expecting the arrival of her 2nd daughter sometime this month everyone has been on high alert and Jenn has been ready to have her here.  Thursday we got the call that she was having more contractions and heading in so my Matt (not to be confused with Jenn's hubby) picked up our kids from daycare and I rushed down to be with Jenn.  Steph and Lisa were already there and luckily Jenn had the biggest labor and delivery room I have ever seen since Monica showed up a few hours after I did and then Jenn's doula was there also.  In total, there were 4 anxious friends, a doula and lots of doctors and nurses to help out. 

 Jenn talking to Matt while she is in Labor
 The Girls and baby Dylan catching a picture in between contractions

Jenn was a champ and handled delivery like it was nothing.  Matt, Jenn's husband, got to call in and listen to the delivery and we sent him videos right after.  Baby Mia Ann weighing in at 7 pounds 2 ounces and 19.5 inches long (both of which her daddy guessed exactly!).  Check out that full head of hair.



It was so amazing and emotional to be in there with Jenn as she delivered her beautiful baby girl, Mia Ann, into this world.  It just reminds me more and more that my friends have truly become our family our here and it is awesome to be surrounded by such amazing people.
Monica, Lisa ( due in 3 weeks!), Jenn and Mia, Me, Steph and Dylan (7 weeks)

Three years ago Lisa, Steph and I were driving home from graduate classes as UH sans Jenn who was in labor and we got the call that Makaela had arrived.  We stopped by when she was less that an hour old to meet her. 

Now, Steph has an almost  3 year old and a 7 week old, I have an almost 2 year old and a 7 month old, Jenn has a 3 year old and newborn and Lisa is due in less than 3 weeks...my how things have changed!

1 comment:

  1. OMG- I'm crying. You wrote about that night so beautifully. I am so lucky to have such amazing friends and we have experienced so many amazing moments together...there's only more to come!

    ReplyDelete