Thursday, April 7, 2011

According to Abby

Abby and I were reading a book before bed about little fish.  I kissed her and said, "Good night little fish".  She said, "I not a fish.  I'm Abby Martin."

After a walk around the lagoons, Abby got out to roll down the hills right by our house.  After she rolled down once and had to hike back up the hill.  She said, "This is hard work!"

Abby has taken to biting her nails and her fingers are constantly in her mouth.  Matt reminds her about it an I even tried the no biting finger nail polish.  She is getting pretty self conscious about it but she still does it:(.  The other day Matt came home after an outing with Abby and told me he got scolded twice for biting his nails by Abby,  "No biting your nails, daddy".  Looks like they both nag each other enough I can just stay out of it.

Abby is on a kick about being "so big" and lately she has been comparing herself to some big things to drive the point home.
-There was a  swell and the waves were pretty big in Maili.  On our way to daycare and Abby said, "Waves are so big.  They are bigger than Abby"

same conversation as we walked passed out neighbors truck...you get the point


Matt and Abby were playing:
Matt: I want an Abby snack
Abby: No!  Eat yogurt, not my belly


Getting ready in the morning:
Me: Abby put your underwear on please
Abby:  I'm pretty busy
Me: (laughing hysterically inside)


Abby's other kick is "pretty soon".  Here are some of my favs...
Pretty soon Abby...
- get married and wear pretty dress (we see weddings at Ko'Olina daily)
- get a tattoo (I have no idea??!!!)
- ride a bike
- go on a boat

The other morning Abby was entertaining herself at the table for an unusually long time ( hint, hint) whe I finally walked over to check she was about halfway done with a crayon.  I opened my mouth to explain why that was not a good idea and had to walk away to hide my laughter.  Matt walked up to relieve me and did the same...We had to both compose ourselves before we could even look at her...and then took pictures.

Abby's latest rendition of the ABCs...





No comments:

Post a Comment