Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Girls

28 years ago or so, I moved to Segovia Court and met Michelle, who came to my door with My Little Ponies and we have been friends ever since.  Inseperable through elementary and middle school, we remained close through different high schools and colleges and studied aborad in Spain together our senior year. 

Michelle and Lisa were close friends in high school and during Christmas break, when I was finishing school to be a teacher, Michelle invited me to dinner with her and Lisa and by the end of the night Lisa had persuaded me to move to Hawaii and teach ( it wasn't too hard!). 

I relocated to Hawaii in July ( 6 months later after finishing school) and moved in with Lisa and Michelle came to visit lots.  Long story short, we have a long history with separate and connected friendships and we have all 3 been in each other's weddings.  By chance it worked out that I could stop and see Lisa in her new home state of Texas on my way to Louisville and we convinced Michelle to come too.  It was so awesome, and as Lisa said, we started right where we left off.  It was so fun to hang with my girls.  We are certainly looking forward to when we can get  all the kids and husbands together soon!

I had my mom send some old pictures of Michelle and I to compliment the new ones.
Michelle & Katie-1st day of 2nd grade.  Obviously it was in the late 80's...
5th grade promotion- Corvette Diner.
2011- What an amazing friendship!


I have had so many adventures with Lisa and look forward to many more!  We have enjoyed Hawaii to the fullest and it all began in 2002.  This picture was actually taken August 9, 2002 (Matt and my anniversary of dating!)

August 2003- Roomies!

2011- Still going strong!

The last time we were all together at Lisa and Rich's wedding in July of 2006.


It was so fun to be with the little ones and meet baby Audrey.  It made me miss mine like crazy but I actually got my hair brushed and slept in.  I can't wait to get  all the kids together some day.  Amelia, Michelle's oldest, and Abby are exactly 9 months apart just like we are.



No comments:

Post a Comment