Sunday, January 20, 2013

1000 Days

Zack was 1000 days on Monday (of course the only reason that is on my radar is because Matt knows things like that?!) but it gives me a good excise to highlight some of his new adventures.  He is growing up in so many ways but still my little boy that will always come snuggle and give kisses!

We began potty training boot camp last Sunday (I procrastinated as long as I could).  He was ready and it was time.  We went straight to underwear and he had 2 accidents on Sunday.  I was bracing myself for a long ride.  We sent him to school on Monday with underwear and 6 changes of clothes for back ups just in case.  I was pleasantly surprised to see that he was accident free in the afternoon!  He has done great all week and this weekend he was in underwear everywhere we went.  He beams with pride every time he goes to the bathroom and it is so cute to see how seriously he is taking it.  He has had one accident at school which I attribute more to the food poisoning that we got this week than anything else and had one at home but for the most part he has got it.  We are so proud of him and amazed how much easier it was with Z than Abby.  It may be the timing or just going straight to underwear- who knows but for now I am a happy momma.

Zack playing with his trains which he loves in his underwear:).


Some of Zack's highlights at 100 days:

-Zack continues to be so sweet.   I love how he is with his sister.  Zack will share any treat he has with her and the other day he called her Abs, like we do a lot.  Abby hurt herself the other day and Zack was comforting her,  "It's okay Abs..."  After he said it, he looked at me and said, "I call her Abs" with a humongous smile. 

-He is a bit confused with all the moves and then a trip to Pennsylvania in between.   He thinks that Grandma Lori and Grandpa Don's house is San Diego and Grandma and Grandpa Martin's house is Pennsylvania.  We could be driving around town and he'll say, "I want to got to San Diego/ Pennsylvania".

-When we were in Pennsylvania, Zack saw a palm tree and called our attention to it, "Look at the island."

-He STILL sleeps with his receiving blankets from the hospital and usually some other random cars and other toys of the moment.  The good thing is that he wakes up the morning and plays very contently until I go an get him but I love my snuggle time in the morning so I usually go in as soon as I hear him.

- He has a little friend group at school and sticks close to a few people and we hear about them daily: Ian, Matthew and Jonah.  I think he is a tad overwhelmed by the herd of kids that swam our street every evening and prefers to stay close to home or at least know we are close by.

-He still is really good at playing independently and loves anything that involves trains, planes and automobiles or blocks. 


-Along with his sweetness, he is definitely TWO.  He needs to be reminded frequently to use his "big boy voice".  He has a tendency to whine/mumble.  My favorite is when he complains that, "Abby said no to me".  Ironically, he has no problem saying no to the rest of us:).








No comments:

Post a Comment