Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Guests for the Day

My mom is teaching 1st grade this year and it getting back into the swing of things after her year in Honduras.  She was so excited for us to come visit her class and show off her grand kids.  She brought out all of her animal books and called up the kids in groups to share their books with Abby.  Abby didn't miss a beat and started naming animals in the books and telling the kids what noises they made.  Matt and I both agreed that my mom had set  it up perfectly...she is a fantastic teacher!



After all the kids got a chance to share their books with Abby.  My mom introduced Matt and told the kids that he was an author.  Matt read his book, Princess Abigail.  The kids loved it and when he was done they asked him to read it again!  So cute!


On our walk down Matt and I pondered how Abby might do in school in a few years so it was cute to see her just jump right in with the "big" first graders.  I think she'll be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment