Sunday, October 17, 2010

Make New Friends but Keep the Old...

I just had flashbacks of girl scout camp singing this song but really it is so true.  I have been very fortunate to make lots of amazing friends in my adult life as well as maintain my very special friendships with friends from my childhood, high school and college.

We drove up north to Temecula and had a perfect picnic at the Wilson Creek Winery with Courtney, who I have known since 8th grade!) and her family.  The kids were able to play on the swing set while the adults got to catch up.  Courtney's Zach is in first grade now and Makenna is 4.

Court and I laughed that the first time the girls met they were both wearing blue, which they rarely wear and they were wearing the same colors again.

Makenna (3) and Abby (3 months), March 2009

Makenna (4) and Abby (22 months), October 2010
Abby, Makenna and Zach holding Zack


                                               
After our picnic, we headed north again to visit the Archard family.  Jen and Jason's wedding was the day before I moved to Hawaii.  I arrived on island with my hair still done the night before!
Jen and I at her Bachelorette part in 2003!

8 years later with 5 beautiful kids!

Finally, we had our must have night out with the my high school girls, Shannen and Candice (Court had some family stuff so couldn't make it).  The four of us have been through it all!!! It is amazing to look back at our friendships over the past 16 or so years.  It makes me want to laugh and cry.  I am very thankful for such great friends and love getting together and feeling like not a moment has passed since we last saw each other. 

Wine tasting in Spring of 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment