Sunday, June 19, 2011

One Lucky Girl!

I have always known that I was a very lucky girl to have such an amazing dad.  He has always been easy to talk to.  He taught me how to pay basketball, throw and hit a baseball, learned along with me when I played soccer and cheered me on in every game and dance performance I had throughout the years.  I always knew that I was a priority.  His outlook on life is so refreshing and admirable.  He works hard and plays hard and is always open to learning a new lesson.  I love his ability (and willingness) to see a situation from another perspective and not take too much personally.
 I was cleaning out old boxes per mom's request and I found an old picture form my 8th grade father- daughter dance.  My grandpa (dad's dad) passed away this very day and my dad never imagined not taking me to this dance.  Thank you dad, for always celebrating the good in life.
And almost 5 years ago he walked me down the aisle to marry the man that has surpassed even my wildest dreams.  He is the best husband and father of my own children. 
It has been so fun to spend the week with my parents and celebrate Father's day with my dad.  Happy Father's Day, Dad.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment