Monday, July 15, 2013

Denver Hughes Family Reunion

In late June the kids and I went to Denver for our Hughes family reunion.  Unfortunately, Matt was in his last week of school and couldn't make the trip.  For my first time traveling alone with the kids I think it went wonderfully.  To begin with, it was less than a 3 hour flight compared to the many hour and legs of trips from Hawaii.  The kids were so excited to have to take on so much responsibility and carry bags and put their own stuff through security!  We skipped the stroller and the kids were amazing- and trust me that I would totally call them out if they were not...stay tuned for future posts because we have certainly had our moments this summer!  They look like little angels reading don't they!  Really this only lasted a short time though.  I brought the iPad also and they watched that for short periods of time and switched between various activities throughout the trip.

Our first night we had a baby shower for my cousin Melissa and her baby boy!  Not all the family had arrived but it was a great celebration for one of our newest additions.   The Hughes' multiply like crazy!
 

 As more cousins arrived, it was great to see Abby and Zack play and enjoy the family activities that I remember from my own childhood.
 The kids had dance parties, put on plays for the whole family, and read each other bedtime stories.
Zack loved the pool table and the foosball table which made me smile.  I always played at my grandparents' house and it brought back great memories.
On Saturday was the official party and we reserved the pool and clubhouse in my Aunt Mary and Uncle Charles' community.  It was a perfect pool that was 3 1/2 ft and the kids could walk/swim all afternoon.  It was awesome to look into the pool and see it filled with family! The kids were in heaven and it was a great afternoon.
 

 After the pool we moved to the club house and the kids continued to play in their own special ways... doing hair, pillow fights, and many trips to the playground.

Our final afternoon was spent at my Uncle Joe and  Dewey's new house in downtown Dever.  The kids loved Oscar, the dog.


Our family photo.  I feel so lucky to part of this amazing family!


No comments:

Post a Comment