Sunday, March 2, 2014

According to Abby @ 5


I find it increasingly difficult to capture the essence of Abby in words and pictures as she grows up. The cute phrases and pictures are small pieces of our little girl as she is growing up into a girl but can't do her personality justice.  She is officially no longer a toddler.  For instance, I now buy clothes for her in the same section they sell bras!!?  All that being said, I will still try and capture Abby at 5....

Her official 5 year old stats:  40 pounds and 42.5 inches tall

Her sense of fashion is definitely emerging.  She really takes pride in putting together her outfits. Most days I try and roll with it but some days it is really hard!


For the most part 5 is a great age.  Abby is independent and developing her own personality that is so fun but can be trying.  

She complained the other day that "Everyone tells me what to do"....Uh Yeah...she's 5 not 15!

On the contrary, she is more than happy to tell everyone else what to do:).


She plays hard and has bruises and bumps all over as badges.  The girl likes to have fun!


She is growing up so fast and, although I love to see her grow, I wouldn't mind freezing time just a bit! The other morning I heard her downstairs with Zack.  As I was coming down the stairs, she had the Peanut Butter in her hand reaching for bread to make breakfast.  It hit me like a ton of bricks that she was growing up... She also loves to wear my shoes:).



Loves to talk- 3 things!  

I am realizing  that she is definitely shy in new groups to begin with but as soon as she warms up is just fine.  I guess it took a while to realize since in Hawaii everyone she ever saw she had known from birth.

Abby often "steals my line"  she jumps in to console Zack or explain something and I find her saying exactly what I would have, if I had the chance.  She is such a sponge and it is always a reminder of how much our words and actions impact their growth!


She has made some good friends in preschool and dance and I am beginning to get to know the families.  It is crazy to think that she is at an age where these could be her lifelong friends.  



She likes to draw, write and read but doesn't always like to do it when asked--like thank you notes or homework:).  She is reading simple sentences and continues to add to her sight words.  It is really fun to see her gaining confidence in her ability to read and write.




"Grandmom I  <3 you( backwards)"



Abby loves to snuggle and sometimes so much that we have to remind her about personal space:)



She definitely loves to watch "shows" and eat treats.  Luckily she is quite active too and we are trying to make an effort to keep a good balance.


Happy 5th birthday, my love!  We continue to be so proud of you and all you are growing up to be. We love you, AbbyCakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment